Complete Property Management
At Thorpe Landscape Inc, we pride ourselves on offering our clients a full range of property management services. We understand that everyone is time poor nowadays and maintaining the grounds of any size property can be tiresome and very time-consuming. So, let us take all the hassle out of it for you with our complete property management services.
If your garden or landscape needs an uplift, perhaps it is time to reconsider your edges. Installing custom landscape edging is one of the quickest and most straightforward ways to enhance the appeal of your outdoor spaces.
Whether you want to draw attention to your bed of perennials, attract attention to a bench at the end of the garden, or hold gravel in place, bed edging can do the trick. These features may seem simple, but the right planning and material choices are crucial to the durability and aesthetics of the space.
This is where we come in. We at Thorpe Landscape Inc. are a force to reckon with in the landscaping industry. For over 30 years, we have worked consistently to provide commercial, residential, and HOA clients in the Northern Virginia Area with the best bed edge design and installation services at the most cost-effective pricing.
Flower Bed Maintenance
We offer customized services that meet client needs and focus on personalization. You not only get high-quality outdoor spaces but outstanding customer service as well. Our team is deeply knowledgeable and experienced, and they have the expertise to create customized flower bed maintenance plans for you.
While you have the option to hire us only for this service, most clients opt for comprehensive landscape maintenance services that include lawn care and flower bed upkeep. We are more than happy to cater to your needs and craft solutions that fit your budget.
Our company recognizes that every landscape is different and that every client will also have specific needs. In some cases, the soil compaction is severe, and the heavy use in that space affects the condition of the soil. It is why we first survey the area and assess the state of the ground before planning core aeration. We offer customized services that meet client needs and focus on personalization.
Every job we manage is handled with expertise. With regular aeration, you will see that your lawns are fresher-looking and healthier. Depending on the condition of the lawns, we use different aeration techniques such as:
- Core Aeration - This is referred to as core plugging and is widely used on commercial and residential lawns. We use a specialized aerating machine to remove plugs of soil carefully. The plugs will be left on the surface of the soil, and the air gets into the subsurface. It helps to break up the compacted soil and allows nutrients and water to reach the root zone. We usually aerate the soil in fall and then apply fall fertilizer and grass seed if needed. It helps the grass to fill in well.
- Aerovating - In this unique process, we use a modern machine with vibrating tines that penetrate the soil & also vibrate at a high-speed. This movement breaks up the compacted soil effectively. The process is useful when the weather is drier.
Bush & Shrub Pruning
We offer customized services that meet client needs and focus on personalization. You not only get high-quality outdoor spaces but outstanding customer service as well. Most HOA, commercial, and residential clients opt for landscape maintenance plans that include hedging and pruning services.
Property owners often wonder why it is essential to prune bushes and shrubs. They feel that if the branches are denser, the plantings will look greener and thicker. But there are several reasons why plants and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned and regularly, such as:
- Over time the branches of bushes and shrubs become dry or weak and may ultimately break off as well. As mentioned at the outset, getting these old, overgrown, or weakened branches pruned regularly, helps to keep the plants healthy.
- When our technicians are pruning the plants, they will also keep an eye open for fungal or pest infestations. If the outbreaks are severe, they will trim the entire branch. This helps to prevent the infestation from spreading to other areas of the plants or the adjacent greenery, affecting their health. In case the infestation is minor, they will only conduct some necessary pruning.
- When shrubs and bushes are pruned regularly, it helps to promote new leaf growth. Trimming also helps to curb the growth of fast-growing shoots, sucker organisms, and water sprouts.
- Regular pruning improves the resistance levels of the plants, making them resistant to diseases and increases their lifespan.
- Pruning lends a well-manicured look to the softscaping and adds to the curb appeal and value of your property.
Overseeding is the process used to spread a mixture of grass seeds and fertilizer on a lawn surface. This process provides additional nutrients to the soil while making sure that the sparse areas are properly covered with new grass. Overseeding also helps to curb the growth of weeds while helping your lawn look green and lush.
We have vast expertise in lawn care and always recommend to our clients that they get this as part of their annual lawn care plans. Overseeding helps to fills in bare areas while increasing the thickness and density of your turf. Also, not all grass seed is the same.
We use only the best grade, certified seed that helps lend a dark green color to the grass. It also increases its drought tolerance, disease resistance, as well as overall appearance. If any touchups are needed later, our team will handle that job too. We are the turf care experts that always prioritize customer satisfaction, and that is evident in every job we take up.
Professional Management Services
We are committed to quality, so you get lawns and landscapes that look great all year round. For any more information about our complete property management services, please call us at 703-926-6320. Feel free to contact Thorpe Landscape Inc, for a free consultation, estimate as well as references. You can also request a free estimate through the form on this page.